Online Smash Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucina and her relation to Marth

4 posters

Go down

Lucina and her relation to Marth Empty Lucina and her relation to Marth

Post by fizz Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey guys, I'm curious to know what you think of the just-revealed Lucina.

Lucina and her relation to Marth Screen-5

She's very similar to Marth in both appearance and moveset, although according to a random stranger on the internet her dolphin slash is slightly different. She's also got her own page on the official site (here), and is listed as a newcomer, so it's unlikely that she's just a Marth reskin. So do you guys think she's a clone or what? Do you know anything about her from the games?
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Lucina and her relation to Marth Empty Re: Lucina and her relation to Marth

Post by Kazekiri Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm

She's a separate character but she's also a clone.
Kazekiri
Kazekiri

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Yeah, seems that way. How do you think she'll differ from Marth? Ike's got the "more power, less speed" thing covered.
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raigeki Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Funny thing, The "Lucina is an Alt" VS "Lucina is a seperate/clone character" is getting crazy lol. From what I see, I think Lucina is a Newcomer that is gonna work like an Alt. I know that sounds crazy. It's like, you can pick Marth. But as you scroll through the colors or something Lucina will eventually come up (like an Alt). Lucina will have her own sounds clips (voice, announcer etc.) so *Technically* that is a "New Character" as the site says, BUT she will play 100% like Marth. The reasons I think that? Her fighting stance in Awakening was very unique to her but she has Marth's stance here, and even that pose Marth does in Brawl she does it... Her Nair, Uair, Down/Side special look too much like Marth's too. So yeah... I dunno... It'll be the first time the series has done something like this (if this is the case). That's just my two cents. Of course we will find out soon enough.
Raigeki
Raigeki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Hmm, interesting idea. IIRC, ZSS was considered a newcomer and given her own character page the last time around. So Lucina as an alt costume for Marth isn't off the table. Regardless, since you've played Awakening, Raigeki, what's her character like?
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 am

yeah Rai thats an interesting theory. alot of people around are debating on the topic. regardless she seems like a cool character. the game releases in japan in 2 months, were getting close to the end of the newcomers. oh man
VZero
VZero
Admin

https://onlinesmashcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raigeki Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:46 am

Lucina is Chrom's daughter. And Chrom is a descendant of Marth. In the game Lucina and Chrom are pretty much the same stat wise. Lucina went by the name of "Marth" for the first part of the game to hide her identity.

Oh~ Have any of you played Tekken? I guess what you can say is my guess is that Marth/Lucina is gonna be like Panda/Kuma. I'm not 100% exact on this, but the way they work is: One character slot, two characters, SAME EXACT moves/stats/properties/etc, but different intros/endings/sounds etc.

But yeah regardless of anything, she seems like a really cool addition.

*EDITING SINCE THE NEW PIC OF THE DAY IS UP*
OK, it is official. Lucina is NOT an alt or what I thought she was. She is in fact just a regular clone with her own roster slot and all that good stuff. So yeah... Now we know lol. Smile

Last edited by Raigeki on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Raigeki
Raigeki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:17 pm

ahh man i thought sakurai was gonna stop with this clone stuff. well at least lucina is a cool character
VZero
VZero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Yeah, it's kind of weird that they decided to go that route, making her only slightly different. Do you guys think she'll be worse than Marth outright for competitive play? It seems like Lucina might be better for casual gamers because there's no sweetspotting necessary, but when you get to the level where you can hit with the tip fairly consistently, Marth seems like he'd be better overall.

Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that the reason Marth is much better than Roy in melee is because attacking from a slight distance makes more sense strategically, regardless of sweetspotting.
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:17 am

hmm i think she'll be worse in competitive play, assuming marth's tip smashes are still very strong. I think marth will be still be better overall. yeah spacing is very important in smash
VZero
VZero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raigeki Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:07 pm

If the tip of the sword and the fact Lucina is shorter (the two reasons sakurai said they are different) are the ONLY difference... Then I would say Marth will be better. Sweet Spotting his Dair was a spike which was pretty good. I'm still hoping there is more differences that he didn't mention.
Raigeki
Raigeki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:17 am

fun fact, it seems lucina can put on and take off her mask with the taunt button

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2014/jul/16/lucina-has-mask-taunt-robin-and-captain-falcons-moves-01/
VZero
VZero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazekiri Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Cool!
Kazekiri
Kazekiri

Back to top Go down