Online Smash Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DK Discussion

4 posters

Go down

DK Discussion Empty DK Discussion

Post by fizz Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:40 pm

DK Discussion Tumblr_n1l8uyrYZC1sw8d3mo5_1280
Donkey Kong's always been one of my favorite characters. But for some reason, everybody seems to ignore this fellow. I think literally nobody used him in the tournament yesterday. Part of the reason is that he hasn't really changed a hell of a lot. For an example of his gameplay, this was the best I've found so far.
Not a great video, but there aren't many. Although DK plays very similarly to Brawl, there are a few changes:
  • He's apparently huge now. Somebody estimated 20-30% bigger.
  • He has a new dash attack that acts similarly to his dash attack in PM.
  • He can use his ground pound in the air, and it acts as a spike that comes out more quickly than dair.
  • His up-B animation is more awesome. Also its vertical and horizontal distance have been buffed slightly, but it's a bit slower.
  • Down throw out of cargo sends the opponent directly downwards.
  • He sounds more like a savage beast.
  • uair and fair are faster, fair significantly so. I appreciate this sooooooo much.

Anyway, looks like more or less the same character, but he's got a number of nice buffs. If anyone can find better video of his gameplay on either version, post it!
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

DK Discussion Empty Re: DK Discussion

Post by Raigeki Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:48 pm

I agree that he always seems to be ignored for some reason. I always thought he was cool as well along with Bowser. Although a lot of people seem to be liking the new Bowser hopefully people will start paying more attention to DK. I heard somewhere (I think during the 3DS tournament that the grounded version of up-B has different properties or something iirc. I liked the way you can use down-B in the air too. What do you think of his Final Smash? Do you think they should've changed it or do you like it the way it is?
Raigeki
Raigeki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:55 pm

I like what they did with it this time around (put a bar with moving dots guitar hero-style when you're supposed to press A or whatever). I'm curious about the grounded up-B. What have you heard about it? I know the animation's much cooler.
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:02 pm

DK seems faster in Smash 4 just like Bowser. DK is a very fun character to play as. yeah his Up-B changes on the ground. he does more of a tilted helicopter variant which looks like it has a lot more knock back
VZero
VZero
Admin

https://onlinesmashcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:22 pm

I just wanna say, I just played a match in which I side-Bed a Jiggs, and her shield broke. Know what happens when Jigglypuff's shield breaks? Pop. Probably one of my most satisfying Smash moments ever.
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazekiri Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:28 pm

I don't think I've legit broken Jigg's shield in a long time.
Kazekiri
Kazekiri

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:04 pm

thats awesome fizz! lol yeah its hillarious to see jiggs just fly after her shield breaks
VZero
VZero
Admin

https://onlinesmashcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down