Online Smash Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash 4 Advanced Technique discussion

4 posters

Go down

Smash 4 Advanced Technique discussion Empty Smash 4 Advanced Technique discussion

Post by fizz Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Let's talk advanced techniques. I'd like to talk about new techniques that have been discovered in Smash 4 as well as old techniques that are returning and ones that are not. To start, here's a good video demonstrating a new technique these guys are calling a "turnaround cancel". It's in Italian so turn on captions. Basically, while dashing you can now perform a turnaround and immediately input an attack in the other direction. You can perform an ftilt to the right out of a dash to the left, for instance. They say you can cancel a turnaround in any frame of the animation, so it's sort of an AT but it's very easy to perform.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this new option? What other ATs do you think will impact the game through their inclusion or absence?
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Smash 4 Advanced Technique discussion Empty Re: Smash 4 Advanced Technique discussion

Post by Kazekiri Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:17 pm

I've seen Mega Man doing that a few times. He'd fire one shot left and then one right and then one left.
Kazekiri
Kazekiri

Back to top Go down

Smash 4 Advanced Technique discussion Empty Re: Smash 4 Advanced Technique discussion

Post by Raigeki Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:10 pm

That AT sounds pretty useful. I like it. Let's hope they don't take it out when the final game is released. The more AT (or depth I should say) there is the more the competitive community will like this game. And imo that's a good thing, since it just makes the game bigger. Just look at Melee. And I doubt the casuals will even notice/care.
Raigeki
Raigeki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:39 pm

I think Nintendo probably put this AT in on purpose, and I'd bet there'll be a bunch more that are discovered, since Nintendo's been paying more attention to the competitive smash scene.
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raigeki Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:44 pm

I agree that Nintendo has been paying more attention to the competitive smash scene. It'll be great if we get more events like the Smash Invitational in the future.
Raigeki
Raigeki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazekiri Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Funny you should mention that.  There is the San Diego Comic-Con going on this weekend and they're holding a 3DS tournament.  It starts tomorrow at some point.

Here is some footage from the floor demo:
Kazekiri
Kazekiri

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 am

thats awesome gameplay footage there kaze. the 3ds version looks pretty good. i wonder what other ATs we will see. thank you nintendo for taking the competitve scene a little more serious this time around
VZero
VZero
Admin

https://onlinesmashcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:59 am

I saw a thread on reddit arguing about whether that build had changed from the E3 floor demo. I think from that video the conclusion was that it hadn't.
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:47 am

i think the game they used at comic con was the same one as the e3 one. not entirely sure though
VZero
VZero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazekiri Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 pm

It has been the same. Every demo has been the E3 version. Still those victory screens loaded much faster.
Kazekiri
Kazekiri

Back to top Go down

Post by fizz Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Here's something really interesting:

DACUS is possible in Smash 4. However, it seems that it's not possible with the 3ds hardware; this person was making use of a mod allowing them to use a Gamecube controller. But as you can see, the boost in distance is substantial.
fizz
fizz

Back to top Go down

Post by VZero Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:12 pm

interesting, i want to mod my gc controller into my 3ds haha still cant wait for the wii u one though.

i wonder if there any other brawl advance techs in smash 4
VZero
VZero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raigeki Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:11 am

I've seen a tutorial showing you how to make an adaptor to use your gamecube controller on the 3DS and it was kinda cheap to make (I think like 12$ in materials iirc) but it looked like a hassle to make, at least for me lol.
Raigeki
Raigeki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down